Wednesday, October 24, 2007

5th, 6th and 7th Maedeup Class


This knot is called Dongsimgyeol Maedeup. It is worn on a traditional Hanbok during a wedding. It is a symbol of good luck.

This knot is called Garakji Maedeup.



The teacher made this for me using a copy of a coin from the Joseon Dynasty. I'm so spoiled.


The knots are getting more difficult. This is called Saengjjok Maedeup. I am practicing this all week.



Last week, the maedeup teacher had this gorgeous necklace on which she had made. She let me take
a picture of it.

3 comments:

Helena said...

Hey, that's the knot I know! (The top one.) Cool stuff!

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Becky, Wouldn't that (the knot with the coin) look so cool with one of Kim Miles Mandala beads?

Becky said...

Helena: I found maedeup all over Korea but it seems the Koreans really didn't know what it was.

Holly: Don't temp me! I have two of Kim's beads and I'm tempted to add to my collection.

Blog Archive

Clustrmap