Friday, December 7, 2007

Snowman Magnet/Pin


Snowman Magnet/Pin
Materials:
Polymer clay: White and orange
2 "E" size black beads
2" 2mm black Neoprene cording
2 10mm red pompoms
Round toothpick
Blush and cotton swab
Glue gun and glue
Round magnet or pin back
Circle template, optional for measure ball size


Instructions:

1. Flatten a 3/4" white ball. For the eyes, press the two black beads into the head. Use a toothpick to indent two squint lines by each eye.
2. For the nose, roll a 7/32" orange ball into an oval and press onto the head under the eyes. For the mouth, use a toothpick to indent 7 holes in the shape of a smile. Use cotton swab to blush cheeks.
3. Bake in a preheated 265 degree oven for 20 minutes and let cool.
4. For the earmuffs, hot glue Neoprene cording and one pompom to one side of the head. Press and hold until the glue has cooled. Do the same with the other side.
5. Hot glue magnet or pin back to the back.


In the words of Ozzy Osbourne, "Mama, I'm comin' home." Tomorrow we fly to the States for a three week visit. I hope to post some during our stay but we will be pretty busy seeing friends and family. Also, can't forget to get our Donatelli's, Chipotle, Panera Breads, chili's... fix. I do miss American food.
I'm interested to see if there will be any reverse culture shock. Will I miss NOT being stared at, not having adolescent boys excitedly come up to me to say "Hi," not being able to understand most of the conversations going on around me? How much has the U.S. changed in five months? Will I remember how to drive after not driving for five months?


Have a wonderful Holiday and I can't wait to see what 2008 brings!

2 comments:

Helena said...

Cute snowman!

I remember when I first got home I kind of felt invisible. It was weird.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Becky,

Hope you have a safe trip home and a wonderful Christmas!

Blog Archive

Clustrmap