Wednesday, November 19, 2008

She Works Hard For The Money


It's not uncommon for me to encounter one of the many cleaning women that work so hard to keep our apartment building spotless. At times I find them on our elevators scrubbing the floor as the door opens to let me enter or washing windows as I enter the apartment building. I used to get look of shock expression but now they just smile and we greet each other in Korean. Korea has the shortest broomsticks I have ever seen. They are about three feet long which means these women have to bend over to use them.

I was surprised to come home the other day to see the cleaning supplies but no cleaning lady. Maybe she was taking a well deserved break. Did you notice the Marlboro cigarettes? I have yet to catch one idle. I wish I could let them know how much I appreciate how hard they work.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Clustrmap