Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving in Korea 2008


We celebrated Thanksgiving the Wednesday before Thanksgiving because it was the only day all the girls were available. It wouldn't have been the same without them. This was the first time Hellena and Jennifer had ever had turkey and I was excited to see if they would like it.

We bought the turkey at Costco several week prior and had a hard time getting it to fit into our freezer and our refrigerator. When it came time to cook the bird, it barely fit into our oven. I spent most of two days preparing the food and I was exhausted by the time it was over.

I forgot about my camera until dessert time. The girls brought us a Baskin Robbins cake.

It was cute and delicious.


I did manage to take a picture of my green bean dish. This was a new recipe which I found on The Pioneer Woman Cooks blog. Here is the recipe. Everyone loved it along with everything else. In addition to the turkey and green bean dish, I made stuffing, make ahead mashed potatoes, gravy and shrimp with shrimp cocktail. I also baked some peanut butter cookies with a Hershey kiss center. Curt (hubby) loves them.
We packed up a bunch of leftovers and sent them home with the girls.

2 comments:

kim said...

Everything sounded yummy. I took a peek at the recipe for the green beans - it definitely looks like something my husband would like (and me too). By the way, I also like to wash down my cake with a can of Coke Zero!! Seriously.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Becky, it sounds way better than my dinner of saltines and gatorade!

Blog Archive

Clustrmap