Wednesday, July 4, 2007

The Adventure Begins but not without Sadness

We went to Illinois the weekend of June 8th to visit the folks before the big move. Unfortunately, we ended up Sunday in the emergency room with my mother-in-law. She had been ill for quite a while and then pain had become unbearable. We spent the next week, 16 hour days, in the hospital hoping to get some control of her pain. We did postpone our flight which was originally scheduled for June 15th to the 19th. We felt horrible about leaving but there was really no way to say how long she had.

We arrived in Korea on June 20th and got a call from my father-in-law that she had died. It was June 22nd. The fastest we could get back was Monday, June 25th and the funeral was June 26th.

We flew back to Korea on June 30th. To say I don't want to get into an airplane for a very long time is an understatement. It was a horrible time seeing a loved one in so much pain and not being able to do anything about it. The doctors and nurses were great and the care she received was outstanding. I don't know how they deal with this type of stuff everyday.

My mother-in-law loved to cross-stitch P Buckley Moss pictures. Here is a link to her work: http://www.pbuckleymoss.com/. She is one of my favorite painters and I love her work. She had several of her paintings made into cross-stitch patterns and my mother-in-law gave me quite a few as gifts over the years. My mother-in-law also had an eye for decorating. Her home always reminded me of something you would see in "Better Homes and Gardens." She will be missed.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Clustrmap