Friday, May 9, 2008

Jeju Island - Part 4

The second day was dedicated to the western side of Jeju Island. Our first stop was Chonjeyon Waterfall which is located in the tourist area of Chungmun, near Yomiji Garden. This is Curt (hubby) in front of a beautiful pagoda.


This is the view from the pagoda.


This is the front of the pagoda.

A close up of the ceiling.





A picture of me in the pagoda with the beautiful landscape in the background.

A view of the waterfalls from the bridge. You can see a couple of people on the stone walkway in the lower part of this picture. We're heading that way.


The bridge to the waterfalls. It was STEEP!


A view from the top of bridge looking straight down.


Another view looking straight down.


A view of the bridge from the other side.


The stones you had to walk on to get close to the waterfall. I passed but Curt went for it. He did miss a rock and got his shoe and sock wet. I don't know how anyone could make it across.


He's coming back.



She decided to play it safe like me. Sometimes the best pictures are right in front of you.


The waterfalls.


Curt got a better shot.

While waiting for Curt, I made a new friend.






Stairway to nowhere.


The next stop of the day was the Museum of Sex and Health. This wasn't a request of ours, in fact, I didn't even know there was one. The outside of the museum has a bunch of statues. I'm only showing some of the less risque statues.








You are not suppose to take any pictures inside the museum but I just couldn't help it being the crafty girl that I am. Can you tell what this dress is made out of? Sanitary napkins!
I never knew they came in so many colors. You could even practice if you wanted. I was surprised at all the older Korean couples we saw at the museum. It was pretty hilarious.


I also had Curt take a picture of this chastity belt. Ouch! Stay tuned, still more to come.

2 comments:

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

I LOVE the photo of the "less risque" statue!!! Too funny!!! Curt's waterfall shot rocks!

Becky said...

Holly: Now I see what you were talking about. Ooops.

Blog Archive

Clustrmap