Friday, May 23, 2008

Simply Beads Magazine - June 2008



Check out page 38 of the June issue of "Simply Beads" to see a necklace by me. It always feel so good to see my name in print.


This is the necklace featured in the magazine. I bought these lampwork beads from Lynn Bauter which was the inspiration for this necklace.

I went to the grocery store today to pick up a few things. As I was leaving, I saw an old Korean man struggling to put some glass bottles into plastic bags. His hands were pretty arthritic and I saw no one around him. I set my bag down in front of him and took the plastic bag and helped him put the bottles into the bag. We ended up placing the bottles in three bags. I could tell he was pretty worried about them and he kept saying, "kamsamnida, kamsamnida." (Thank you in Korean). He was very grateful and I walked away thinking that maybe I changed his opinion of Westerners if he indeed had one. Oh, one more thing, what was in the bottles?
American whiskey.

5 comments:

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Go Becky! Go Becky! Very pretty! I'm gonna have to pick up another bead mag now!

Love the whiskey story!

Becky said...

Holly: I do miss making my own beads. Oh well.

Becky said...

Holly: I do miss making my own beads. Oh well.

Lauren said...

This blog is great! I saw you said before you were going to learn hanji. How is that going? I made a box and now I'm addicted! I bought a kit to make a lamp today - but with no instructions I think this is going to go horribly wrong!

Becky said...

Hi Lauren: I haven't gotten together with her again. After all the visitors are gone, I'm planning on it. Written instructions are also very scarce here in South Korea. I know the paste she used was made from flour and water. Good luck!

Blog Archive

Clustrmap