Friday, July 11, 2008

Pink and Orange



Pink seems to the the mandatory color wore by little girls here in South Korea. It may be as little as a hair bow or shoelaces but I have yet to find a little Korean girl without some pink on her. One time when I asked my Korean girlfriends what their favorite color was, they answered "pink." Backpacks come in pink and blue along with pencil cases and everything else you can imagine. We also have seen a few little Korean boys carrying pink backpacks. I'm sure it's gotta be hand me down from an older sister. Maybe that's what starts the pink trend with the 20 something Korean males. They love their pink shirts and ties.



A new boutique opened up in my neighborhood and this little orange (yes, I said orange) purse was accessorizing an outfit. I walked by it for a week and was just drawn to it for some reason. I really wanted it. Then one day it was gone. Oh, well. A few days later I noticed is had just been moved from the front window to a shelve inside the store.

I was telling Curt (hubby) about it on one of our walks. As we walked by the store, we went it and I picked it up for the first time. I just loved it and so sweetheart that he is, he asked if I wanted it. Of course I said, "YES." The salesclerks were pretty excited to have us in the store and thrilled that we bought something. I never thought I would want an orange purse but I love it!

3 comments:

Helena said...

It's cute! Orange is the new pink. Or something.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Cute bag!!!

Becky, I've had pneumonia and bronchitis...that's why I haven't been posting.

Becky said...

Helena: It was one of those impulse buys. I seem to have more of them living here.

Holly: I'm so worried about you. I hope you are getting better.

Blog Archive

Clustrmap