Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wednesday in Seoul

Today was maedeup class and I'm having trouble with the butterfly maedeup so it was a long day. One of the highlights of the day occurs as I'm waiting for the subway station in Guui to take me to the bus stop. When Curt (hubby) was coming to class with me on Saturdays, he befriended a newspaper stand clerk. The clerk is mute so he communicates with his hands.

When he would see us waiting for the subway, he would gesture across the tracks how tall Curt is and his surprise was displayed all over his face. Now, he always puts his hand in the air acknowledging Curt. Today, I was on the phone with Curt when the clerk caught my eye. I raised my hand to and pointed to the phone to let him know that I was talking to Curt. Curt told me to tell him hi so I pointed to the phone and then waved.

This week, I was teasing the clerk trying to get him to cross the subway tracks to come over to my side. The Guui Station is one of the few that doesn't have the walls up to protect you from falling. He looked down and shook his head as I continued to gesture to him to come on over.

Finally, the subway came and it was time for me to leave. I look forward to seeing him every week. I'll try to remember and get a picture next week. When I get off the subway for class, I'm on the same side as he is, but I'm always in a hurry to get to class and I never take the time to stop by to see him.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Clustrmap