Friday, January 16, 2009

They Missed Me!


My yoga class really missed me while I was in the U.S. I went back on Monday even though I was still feeling some major jet lag. But I didn't see my two favorite yoga ladies until Thursday. When I walked into warm up that day and they saw me, they put their arms out to me to give them a hug. Hugging is not big here in Korea so I was really surprised.
Then during the warm up, everyone was looking at me and talking to me in Korean and I didn't understand what they were saying. I asked my English speaking yoga buddy what they were saying and he told me that they are saying that you've never looked more beautiful and that you have lost weight while in the U.S. (not true). I was deeply touched that they cared so much for me.
Even when the time came to do our 10 minute walk, they came up to me and hugged me some more and held myhand as we walked. It was really overwhelming.
After class, I had brought gifts for everyone. Thank goodness for Bath and Body Works. I bought gift sets for the teachers and hand lotion for all the women. The men were a little more difficult and I settled on pens with English written on them.
As I was handing them out, the men also wanted some hand lotion and then some of the women wanted a pen. It was hilarious but everyone appreciated the gifts. I had ordered everything on line and I was surprised at how heavy gift sets and hand lotion can be. The suitcase they ended up going in weighed in at a hefty 69 pounds!
Thank goodness my husband is still Platinum with Northwest but that will end in February.

2 comments:

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

It was so great talking to you last night... I'm still high!

Becky said...

I had a great time too! It was like you were here!

Blog Archive

Clustrmap