Thursday, February 12, 2009

Chillin" at Chilbo (Korean Enameling) Class

Last week I learned how to bend the wire to make mountains and also how to straighten the wire to make star bursts.

This week I made these pendants. I also forgot to mention I have a new friend from Sweden who walked into the shop a few weeks ago and fell in love with chilbo. She is only here to the end of the month but I'm having so much fun taking classes with a fellow foreigner. Her English is excellent and we have a great time sharing our experiences here in Korea.
After seeing the beautiful chests in the chilbo exhibition, I knew I wanted to make one on a smaller scale. The chilbo teacher has a small 12 drawer chest in her front window so I managed to convey to her that I would like to make one. She drew it all out and it will be 6 weeks of classes, two panels a week. I'm so excited! I'm leaving it to her to decide what I should make but I did point to some of the flower pendants she had in the shop.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Clustrmap