Tuesday, October 16, 2007

FREE HUGS! (In Korea)



Remember the "FREE HUGS" campaign from a few years ago. The YouTube video began a huge hit all over the world. We were walking in the Gangnum area of Seoul when we saw this Korean holding the "FREE HUGS" sign just like in the video. No one was hugging him. We saw Koreans taking pictures but no one approached him. I said to my Korean friends and my husband, "I really want to give him a hug." My husband said, "Go ahead" but my Korean friends said no, Koreans don't really hug especially not strangers.


I didn't listen to them and hugged him anyway. Curt (hubby) took this picture. My two Korean girlfriends are in the foreground of the picture. You can see one is quite surprised I did it. It felt good!

2 comments:

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Becky, I'm so glad you hugged him! I would have too. He looks so happy! How fun!

Becky said...

Holly: It was so much fun! I got a lot of strange looks, but I do anyway

Blog Archive

Clustrmap