Monday, August 11, 2008

A Hot Day in Insadong



On Sunday, we decided to venture into Seoul to get some hanji paper. It's been in the mid to upper 90's all week and we had been staying in the air conditioning but sometimes you just need some air. This is the subway line we were taking into Insadong.


Most of the subways have protective paneling up so that you can't fall into the tracks. This station didn't have them. You can see how far the drop is.


When we first arrived, it was time for a little Korean lunch. These were our side dishes.


This was the Korean barbecue. It was very tender and with a tasty marinade. Yum!


I had to use the bathroom after lunch. This was on the door you sat on the toilet. I know they were talking about toilet paper but something else came to mind.


On the streets of Insadong, we found this artist painting t-shirts. They were so cute. He was really drawing a crowd.


In addition to the hanji paper, I needed to do some shopping for a friend back in the States. I found what she wanted in this little shop.


Another view of the wares from this shop. We were exhausted by the time we arrived back home and both of us were dripping in sweat. I'll be glad when Fall arrives. I'm a Minnesota girl! This heat is tough.

3 comments:

Helena said...

Oh yes. We left Korea in the middle of August, and we had a little bit of free time before we left, so we were running around trying to see everything we wanted to see (Puyo and KongJu) in the miserable heat and humidity. That was rough. We ate lots of naeng myun.

There was a subway station that had all this fake rock on the walls--I don't remember exactly which one, but I think it was one of the Chungmuro ones. We called it the Bat Cave.

Insa Dong is so cool!

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Becky, I think we're going to have an early fall. My mulberry leaves are changing! stay cool!

Becky said...

Helena: I hate having the air con blasting in my face all night long but the alternative is unbearable. We are just thankful we are here another summer.

Holly: How did your show go?

Blog Archive

Clustrmap